|We care about the enviroment as much as you do.|
At DJ's Paint And Body Repairs we are dedicated to making sure that our repair process is as environmentally friendly as possible. We have taken great steps in reducing our carbon footprint. Here are just a few examples of what we are doing. We switched our paint system to a waterborne base coat.
Here are just a few examples of what we are doing:
- We are using a waterborne base color coat which contains no harmful, harsh chemicals. This reduces the amount of VOCs that are released into the air. We are one of the first shops in the area to have done this, and we were well ahead of provincial and federal deadlines.
- We use HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure)? spray guns which dramatically reduce the amount of overspray.
- Just about every car part we receive comes packaged in cardboard. We recycle all cardboard that comes into our shop.
- All excess paint is recycled as well. Modern, sophisticated equipment cleaners are used to further reduce the usage of solvent based thinners and reducers.
- We recycle all damaged sheet metal from vehicles involved in a collision.